Sometimes you just can’t plan for every contingency on a menu. There is always that customer that wants their food or beverage in a way that you just didn’t consider or that has some bizarre special request.
For those of you that have our SP-1 touch screen point of sale system, here are five tips that you might not be aware of.
1. Do you often have an ‘on the side’, ‘extra hot’ or ‘see cashier’ comment? You can create up to thirteen pre-programmed comments to use in the Order Screen. That’s right, you don’t have to have every comment be a manual input. This can be setup in System Setup and then Comments.
2. Last ticket look up. Ever want to re-print that receipt for the customer? Easy. Review ticket and enter 9999. Because SP-1 can store up to 9,999 tickets per day, entering 9999 automatically pulls up the last ticket in the system.
3. Split checks simply. You don’t have to be a table service restaurant to need to split checks. We often hear from coffee shops and quick service pizzeria’s that they occasionally get a large orders. The customer then arrives with three other people’s money in hand and wants the tickets separated. SP-1 makes this easy by allowing you to touch the ticket items
4. Print labels. Actually two different kinds of labels. We can print your retail barcodes and also delivery box labels. Retail labels allow you to use a barcode scanner to quickly ring in retail items. Boxlabels are a great choice for making sure that your delivery drivers are able to see what needs to be delivered where.
5. Send employee messages. That’s right, you can type an internal email in SP-1. Better yet, that email will show up when the employee clocks in!
Combining these pre-programmed comments with the Manual Input comment can make sure that you cover any situation that can come up.
If you do have a situation that requires a comment and you need to charge a customer (an extra cup for example), then combine this with the Misc. Charge Button. That will allow you to add a dollar amount to the ticket to insure you are covered.
Finally, what good are comments if they can’t be tracked? SP-1 has the ability to provide complete reporting on even the comments that have been used. This lets you determine if a comment is so popular that making a modifier button would make more sense.
Contact us at:
8326 Woodland Ave. E
Puyallup Wa 98371