Are you coming to Coffee Fest in March of 2016? This show is going to be fun! SelbySoft will be showing off our coffee and cafe point of sale system in booth 600.
Mike will be presenting a “Tracking & Increasing Sales with Technology” seminar on Saturday the 12th.
Don’t forget to check out the Best New Product competition on Friday as well. Mike & three other judges will be judging Shark Tank style as products are pitched 2 minutes at a time!
Going to Coffee Fest in June? So are we! This show is a must for anyone that is in the Specialty Coffee industry. The show takes place June 5th, 6th and 7th at Navy Pier in Chicago.
SelbySoft will be in booth 405 showing off all the latest point of sale technology. You can also see the SP-1 for Coffee POS in action as the Official Point of Sale for America’s Best Coffeehouse competition.
Need some more information? Check out our presentation on Tracking & Increasing Sales with Technology on Saturday the 6th.
Our team will be in Atlanta Georgia this week for the Coffee Fest trade show.
This show takes place February 6th, 7th and 8th and is held at the Cobb Galleria. Come visit us at booth 405!
The SP-1 for Coffee point of sale system will also be featured as the official POS for America’s Best Coffeehouse competition.
Are you heading to Portland OR in October for the Coffee Fest show? Here are some tips I’ve picked up over the years that might help you make it an enjoyable show.
Are you coming to the Specialty Coffee Association (SCAA) show in Seattle? The show dates are April 25th, 26th and 27th. SelbySoft will be exhibiting at booth 7010.
As usual, this will be an exciting show filled with everything from roasters to, well, us :). If you attend, stop by and say hi!
Just a quick blog post here to let you know that I and our sales staff will be at Coffee Fest in New York City on March 7th, 8th and 9th. If you happen to be in the area, come see us at the Jacob Javits Center.
We will be in booth #226 and will be showing off the latest in hardware, software and POS features that SelbySoft has to offer.
I will be speaking at this show as well. My speech is on Tracking and Increasing Sales with Technology. If you have seen it before, stop by and take a refresher course – I really try to mix it up every year and update our information for this class. That class is on Saturday the 8th at 10:05am.
Finally, you have to stop by and check out the America’s Best Coffeehouse competition! We are proud sponsors of this innovative competition and it is amazing to watch the competitors give it their best at the show. Plus the winner of this competition will head to Portland at the end of 2014 to compete for $10,000!
More information on the competition here: http://americasbestcoffeehouse.com/#about-1
Hope to see you there!
Headed to see us at one of the industry trade shows this year? I thought it might be fun to share some tips on having a successful show. These are some things I’ve picked up from exhibiting at multiple trade shows over the last 19 years or so.
1) Have a goal in mind. Think about why are you headed to this show in the first place. Are you looking to open a new location, add to your existing business, take classes, purchase a specific piece of equipment or just have fun?
2) Plan it out. Every trade show I’ve been to has a floor map online with a list of exhibitors. Some of these shows can take a lot of time to wander around. Copy the booth number and name of the people you really don’t want to miss. Some shows even have an app for the show floor! There is nothing worse than realizing it is the last hour of the show and you still have not seen that last vendor.
3) Take a class or two. Most trade shows have free educational seminars. Usually they are also sales & marketing opportunities for the speaker but that does not mean there is not good information to be had. Classes often run at the same time so plan them out ahead of time. Have a seminar you wanted to hear but couldn’t make it? Ask the speaker for the education materials. I always let people know that I can send the information on my class even if you don’t get time to attend.
4) Step outside the box. Visit a booth or two you have never stopped at, hear the 30 second pitch and see what happens. It’s a trade show – you are not required to buy anything :). Sometimes you might find something that you didn’t even know you wanted.
5) Take a quick glance first. Run through the show taking a quick glance at the booths. Mark down anything you might want to follow up on later. Don’t run out of time!
6) Talk to people. Even other exhibitors may have information about a product you are looking for. If you are looking for a specific piece of equipment or product and unsure about it, ask the other exhibitors. I’m not referring to competing products or vendors, just the other vendors you already know and trust. People often ask our opinion of roasters, equipment vendors etc. While we may not use those items ourselves, we probably have customers that do or might have a specific contact for you.
7) Get literature mailed. We know you are going to dump half the paperwork at the hotel in order to make room for samples. Most of us are happy to mail a packet to you so you don’t have to lug it around.
8) Attend an industry party or function. Not just to blow off steam but to meet other people with similar stores. It’s great to immerse yourself!
9) Just tell us you are not interested. If you really don’t want anyone to follow up with you – just say so. Most of us on the exhibitor side of things are not really interested in calling you a million times and then hearing you are not interested. No need to give a fake number or email. You really won’t hurt our feelings!
10) Talk to other people that are there. Often I will wind up talking to two different coffee shops about our Point of Sale software and then see the owners walk away while still talking. These people have the same issues you do and may have different answers!
Hope to see you at a show!
This is the last week to register for discounted Coffee Fest passes. This show takes place March 8-10 of 2013 in New York City! You can use the code 67307 to secure a 50% discount courtesy of SelbySoft. Click here to start your registration. Don’t forget to register for our Using Technology to Track & Increase Sales class Saturday the 9th at 10:05am. Finally stop by and check out the SP-1 as the OFFICIAL POS sponsor for the America’s Best Coffeehouse competition!
Come join us at Coffee Fest Seattle! SelbySoft will be exhibiting in Booth 501 September 21-23.
If you have not registered yet, there is still time! Contact us to find out how to save 50% on your admission!
Find out more about Coffee Fest by visiting their website here: http://coffeefest.com/Event/Attendee/Default.aspx
You can find out more about the America’s Best Coffeehouse competition here: http://coffeefest.com/Event/Attendee/CoffeeHouseCompetition.aspx
This week we will be at the Coffee Fest show in Chicago from the 8th to the 10th. If you happen to be in the area, stop by!
We are in booth 707 & 709!
Mike Spence will be hosting a seminar on Tracking Sales with Technology at 9am on the 9th at the Chicago Coffee Fest as well.
More information on the show can be found at: http://coffeefest.com/Event/Attendee/Default.aspx