I know what you are thinking – “Wait, didn’t I already pay for this POS system??” Don’t worry! We are not asking for money!
Really, what we are asking you to do, is to challenge yourself and see if you have fallen in the habit of only using our SP-1 by SelbySoft system as a cash register.
If you think you are doing this, then give us a call! Let our support department setup a customized training session with you and breath new life into your POS.
These are all things we can help you get back to doing.
It’s tough to keep up on the various features that SP-1 has. One of our biggest challenges is to make sure that people know what we have available to them. I thought I’d present ten of the top features of SP-1.
In no particular order:
1) Zero Training interface. Pictures say it all. We consistently hear from our current customers about how easy it is to take an order in SP-1. The graphical touch screen interface makes training a new employee an easier affair than using a cash register or than using a text based system.
2) On the fly ticket editing. This abiltity to change any item while in the middle of an order .
3) Dashboard . This gives you and your managers to quickly see where you are at from virtually anywhere in SP-1. Seeing an on the fly labor, cost of goods sold and sales detail is vital.
4) Ecomms. This allows you to email, internally, your employees and verify that they received the message. Because an employee has to type a random four digit code to acknowledge the message. This reports to you that the message has been read .
5) Pricing options. SP-1 handles many different pricing scenarios. This allows you the flexibility to be sure that your employees are not having to manually adjust pricing.
6) Free gift & loyalty systems. It’s built right into SP-1 and no charge. Gift cards, prepaid options, rewards and more.
7) Multi Store & Corporate options. SP-1 has the ability to handle multiple store locations and provide owners the control they need.
8) Complete customer tracking. We track birthdays, previous orders, email addresses, catering addresses and more.
9) Discount & Coupon tracking. Being able to see where your promotional discounts are and are not working is imperitive.
10) Menu mix tracking. We can track your menu categories, sizes, specialties and modifiers. With SP-1 you will be able to see exactly what is an is not happening with your sales.
There you go! Ten reasons our customers use SP-1!
I thought it would be fun to list the top 5 things you may not know SP-1 is capable of!
1) Text Ordering. . . Yes it’s true. You can setup a text message ordering system to allow your customers to order through SP-1. $10/month and the orders go right from your customers cell phone to your SP-1 point of sale! By the way – it works with Facebook & Twitter as well. We call it Social Ordering.
2) Time Keeping. . . Included as part of our software and not an extra charge. This allows your employees to clock in & out, send custom messages to employees and track multiple wages per employee. You do use this to help track your Labor Percent right?
3) Gift & Loyalty cards. . . Ok, you know we do that. But it’s pretty cool that they work as gift, loyalty, prepaid and customer tracking cards!
4) Lazy Customer list. . . People sometimes stop coming to your store. Use this feature to send customized messages to people that no longer come to your store! Remember we track TEN email addresses per customer!
5)Forced Modifiers – this is the best way to help your staff communicate with and help educate your customers. Not to mention it’s a great way to up sell effectively.
Recently I have read a number of articles about “new” POS products and features. I love to hear what others in the industry are doing as it helps push us to make sure we are staying on top of the latest technology and features.
For us, our biggest challenge is how to let people know about all the things we sometimes take for granted. Here are some of the top items that people are surprised we have already in the software:
Text Ordering – Yes – a customer can TEXT an order into your store and have it show up on the SP-1 POS. We took that a step further and allow your customers to comment on Faceook or Twitter and place an order as well! Seriously, this is one of the coolest new things you probably are not using yet!
Cloud based backups – Surprisingly we have been doing this since 2007! SP-1 automatically backs up all of your data every night at 3am. If you are on a support plan with us, then this is just one of the free perks. If you are not for sure if your system is backed up, call us.
Remote access – We have multiple ways to handle this! Our back office license allows you to connect to the POS from the office. Or, you can use various FREE remote connection software to connect to the POS. Finally we have three different corporate options that allow you to do everything from receive reporting at a central location to locking down the stores menu. You don’t have to do everything from the store!
I saw this post online about how Burger King is introducing oatmeal to their breakfast menu. BK is trying to compete with McDonald’s in breakfast sales. To me, the most interesting part of the article was the comment by an analyst that Burger King needs to revamp and remodel their stores. At least BK is thinking about ways to compete and change their own status quo.
That comment reminded me of our own struggles with customer perceptions in the past. A few years ago we realized that we had to “re-skin” our software every so often to keep it fresh and new to our customers. We had gotten to the point where the software just didn’t “look fresh”. It doesn’t matter if it was true or not, it’s a perception.
It made me think about the way people use SP-1. Honestly, when is the last time you really thought about all the reasons you bought a POS for your coffee shop or restaurant in the first place?
Think about doing a remodel on your perception of your POS! Treat yourself like you are about to do some research and look for ways our POS can help you with your store. It’s easy to get caught up in a rut and use SP-1 as a cash register but we can do so much more.
Look over the following and think about the last time you looked at these: