It’s true, the days of one and two letter employee passwords are gone. Chances are you might be one of the people that created an employee code and then used 123 as your password.
In order to better safeguard our customers and to insure our customers are in compliance with PCI and PA-DSS regulations for credit card systems, we have moved to providing secure employee password systems in the SP-1 POS system.
In versions 7.60 and above, you are required to have passwords that meet industry standards for security.
Employee Password Specifications:
- Must be 7 characters or more.
- Must contain a combination of numbers and letters
- Must expire every 90 days.
- Will not allow for the same password to be used within last 4 times.
- SHA-512 Cryptographic Hash system for password security. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA_hash_functions
- Employee lock outs after multiple failed attempts
In addition to this, all the employees access is being tracked and logged as well!
The great news with all of this is to insure that your system is as secure as possible! For those of you that are dreading typing long complex passwords. . . Implement the Card Swipe or Fingerprint ID – With those items you don’t have to type the password every time!
Contact us at:
8326 Woodland Ave. E
Puyallup Wa 98371