SP-1 has a ton of features. I thought it would be fun to list a few that many of you might not be aware of!
1) Cash In: Cash in a special transaction type that is found under Misc. Charge in SP-1. Essentially, it is the opposite of a paid out. When you select this option, you are telling SP-1 that you have put money from an outside source into the cash drawer. It can be used in a number of situations including: Recording money earned from a gumball machine or arcade game, putting extra change in the cash drawer and so on.
2) Gift Card Refund: Have you ever wanted to give someone cash back for their gift card? Hopefully not but if you have to, there is an easy way to do it. When you select Paid Out, there is a Gift Card Refund button. That button allows you to swipe a gift card and issue a cash (or credit card) refund for the amount. You can setup a maximum amount to refund in the system setup portion of SP-1. This allows you to issue refunds but only of a certain amount.
3) Use Foreign Exchange: Are you near the Canadian or Mexican border? Do you accept their currency? If you do, this is something you should be using. When this is selected, you can push a button and see what the balance due is in that foreign currency!
4) License Expiration: If you have delivery, then this is for you. In the Employee File, you can enter the date that the employees drivers license expires. When that employee clocks in, you can setup a custom notification if their licence is expired. That will help ensure that the driver is not out representing you with an expired license! As a bonus, those of you without delivery can use this as well for other items. Some people use it to ensure they have a health permit that is up to date for example.
5) Print An Employee Hours Summary: This feature allows your employees to print a slip with the hours that they worked since their last clock in.
There you go. . . five features that you might not have been aware of. Hope they help!