We get asked a lot about the Pros & Cons of Gift & Loyalty. Here are some thoughts based on what we have seen from customers:
Credit Card Company
- Pro: Reliable, POS integration usually available, Advantages to using with web page.
- Cons: Almost always fee based, Hard to leave once you sign up, Who owns the data?
3rd Party Gift Card
- Pros: POS integration usually available, Advantages to using with web page, Not tied directly to the credit card company.
- Cons: Hard to leave them, Contract based, Fees can be excessive, Who owns the data?
- Pros: Downloadable, Phone based, Good statistics and marketing features.
- Cons: Loyalty usually based on visits, Not really a gift/prepaid option, Generic app and not branded, excessive costs
Touch Screen on Counter
- Pros: Marketing features and they can be simple to use.
- Cons: Expensive, More equipment on counter, Loyalty usually based on visits, Not really a gift/prepaid card option.
- Pros: Easy to understand, Can be cost effective.
- Cons: It’s not 1995! Easy to steal and fraud is issue, Customers lose them.
And then we come to the POS side of things. Want to know more about how we can help with that? Visit http://www.selbysoft.com/Gift-and-Loyalty-ideas-for-coffee.html