I’m asked this on a pretty regular basis. Typically it is from someone that is opening a new store and has never worked retail before. The conversation usually starts with something like ” I know a need a POS but I don’t know anything about them”.
Ok, let’s talk. . .
A great POS will do a lot for you:
- It starts by making it easy to train employees and allow them to focus on the customer and the product – not the technology.
- Controlling costs and consistency. We are talking about both pricing and portion control.
- Cut costs with inventory control and waste management. Tracking your COGS (cost of goods sold) is very important.
- Track labor cost so you have a better idea of employee management.
- Track all menu items that you sell. This is important. What you think is a popular seller might not be what really does sell.
- Help eliminate theft. Your employees can be tracked so you know who did what and when.
These are just the highlights but they are a good basis for how SP-1 can typically add a bare minimum of 3-5% to the bottom line.