We have added three new features to our barista & kitchen monitor systems.
1) A new way of tracking voided orders on the monitor. If an employee voids an order out of SP-1, the voided ticket shows on the screen and must be bumped. This will reduce mistakes as well as decrease the possibility of employee theft.
2) To Do Lists. This is an exciting one! When the barista monitor is empty, the screen will time out to a To Do list. The timeout setting can be changed at the store level as well. If an order is taken, then the To Do list reverts back to the normal barista monitor screen. This is a great way to provide a custom reminder to your employees throughout the day.
3) Average Time. This is another exciting feature. In the upper bar, we will now show you a count of all orders that are outstanding as well as an average bump time for the day. This bump time is based on the amount of time it takes to bump both new and edited tickets.
This is an example showing the new bump average.
Posted in Order Entry, POS Features Tagged with: barista monitor, kitchen monitor
If you have a kitchen or remote barista station, there is a chance that you are going through a ton of paper a year. Did you know that, based on an arbitrary ticket length of five inches, there are:
- 520 tickets on average in a thermal roll. 220 feet of paper.
- 396 tickets on average in a plain paper roll. 165 feet of paper.
Seriously though, replacing that printer with a barista or kitchen monitor might be better in the long term. Kitchen monitors have the following advantages:
- No paper.
- The order can’t be dropped or lost. If it is marked done, it can be undone.
- You can see up to ten orders on the screen at a time.
- You can easily break up by category or by order type.
- You can set a timer for when the order has been sitting too long.
Interested in learning more? Give us a call.
Posted in Hardware, Order Entry, POS Features Tagged with: barista monitor, kitchen monitor
Have you ever noticed that printer in the back of a kitchen at a busy restaurant? Or maybe the monitor hanging above the espresso machine in a drive thru?
Why are they there? The simple answer is to print the order out right? It goes deeper than that once you start really thinking about it.
1) They are efficient. It’s true, they are. Count how many steps an employee has to take to hand a receipt, cup or hand written note to the Barista or cook. Then double it (they have to walk back right?). Now multiply that by the number of orders you take in a day. Virtually all of that time is wasted.
2) Less Mistakes. Order accuracy is key when thinking about implementing a monitor or printer for a make line. Handwriting mistakes vanish when using this type of system. The Barista and cooks know precisely what to make because it is all laid out in front of them. Additions and subtractions are handled correctly as well.
3) Theft Controls. Want to stop product from being handed out without getting paid for it? While a monitor or printer does not completely stop it from happening, it can certainly cut down the potential. If you have two employees the rule is that without a paper slip or display on the monitor, you don’t make the product.
Contact us at:
Posted in Hardware, Order Entry, Uncategorized Tagged with: barista monitor, kitchen monitor, remote printer
We are back from the SCAA show in Anaheim! It was a great show and a good time catching up with customers and new clients.
While down there, we had a number of people ask us about the Barista / Kitchen monitor systems. It seems that dropped paper, lost and greasy slips are causing people to say enough and to start looking for a different solution.
The monitors work by being placed in a spot that is easy to see and visible to the person making the order as well as the rest of the staff. An advantage with this is the fact that the monitor is visible by all and it helps the manger and owner keep an eye on how the make line / barista section of the location is doing. This helps eliminate bottlenecks and improves communication and flow in the store.
Additionally, these monitors have the ability to time how long an order is taking. If an order hits the deadline then the time starts to flash! This gives an instant notification that the order is taking too long and also helps that staff member stay on top of things.
These monitors can be arranged to show the orders in variety of ways. For instance, drinks on top, food on bottom; carry out on top, delivery on bottom and so on.
Contact us at:
8326 Woodland Ave. E
Puyallup Wa 98371
Posted in Hardware, Uncategorized Tagged with: barista monitor, kitchen monitor